Chris. Thanks, Chris.
克里斯。謝謝,克里斯
From flutes to golf courses to same-sex marriage, that was a genius link.
從分配笛子到高爾夫球場,再到同性婚姻,真是天才式的串連
Now look, you're a pioneer of open education.
您是開放式教育的先鋒之一,
Your lecture series was one of the first to do it big.
您的系列講座是這一領域最早的幾個大項目
What's your vision for the next phase of this?
請問您對下一階段的預期是什么?
Well, I think that it is possible.
我想我的計劃是可以實現的
In the classroom, we have arguments on some of the most fiercely held
在課堂上,我讓學生就一些重大政治話題
moral convictions that students have about big public questions.
以及它們背后尖銳的道德理念展開辯論
And I think we can do that in public life more generally.
我想我們可以更廣泛地開展這樣的公開辯論
And so my real dream would be
我的最終夢想是,
to take the public television series that we've created of the course
把我們制作完畢放到網上的系列電視節目
it's available now, online, free for everyone anywhere in the world
免費提供給全世界用戶觀看
and to see whether we can partner with institutions, at universities in China, in India, in Africa, around the world,
然后與中國、印度、非洲等的大學及教育機構合作
to try to promote civic education and also a richer kind of democratic debate.
以推廣公民教育以及內容更加豐富的民主辯論
So you picture, at some point, live, in real time,
那么您的預見是,在將來的某一時刻
you could have this kind of conversation, inviting questions,
您可以跟來自中國和印度的人們展開類似這樣的開放式對話?
but with people from China and India joining in?
您可以跟來自中國和印度的人們展開類似這樣的開放式對話?
Right. We did a little bit of it here with 1,500 people in Long Beach,
是的,我們今天在長灘和1500名觀眾展開此類討論
and we do it in a classroom at Harvard with about 1,000 students.
我們也在哈佛大學課堂上與1000名學生展開此類討論
Wouldn't it be interesting to take this way of thinking and arguing, engaging seriously with big moral questions,
要是將這種思考辯論重大嚴肅問題,
exploring cultural differences and connect through a live video hookup,
探索文化差異的方式通過實時視頻直播,
students in Beijing and Mumbai and in Cambridge, Massachusetts and create a global classroom.
通過實時視頻直播,讓來自北京、孟買、劍橋、馬薩諸塞的學生共同參與,大家齊坐與一個虛擬的國際大課堂中,
That's what I would love to do.
這就是我想做的事
So, I would imagine that there are a lot of people who would love to join you in that endeavor.
我相信很多人會愿意加入到這一事業
Michael Sandel. Thank you so much.
邁克·桑德爾。非常感謝