The game industry is developing consoles that are low energy and that work with the wireless phone networks instead of broadband Internet so that gamers all over the world,particularly in India, China, Brazil, can get online.
游戲產業一直在不停的發展,現如今,它的低能耗,以及從寬帶互聯網到無線手機網絡的變革讓全球的游戲玩家,尤其是來自印度、中國、巴西的玩家們,可以在同一個平臺里競技。
They expect one billion more gamers in the next decade.
據預測,在接下來的十年里將會有10億的新玩家加入其中。
It will bring us up to 1.5 billion gamers.
屆時,我們就會有15億之眾的游戲玩家。

So, I've started to think about what these games are making us virtuosos at.
因此,我早早的開始了思考,這些游戲將把我們引向何方。
Here are the four things I came up with. The first is urgent optimism.
對此我覺得大體有四個方面。首先就是對于緊急事件的積極心態,緊急樂觀。
OK, think of this as extreme self-motivation.
把它想象成是極端的自我激勵。
Urgent optimism is the desire to act immediately to tackle an obstacle,combined with the belief that we have a reasonable hope of success.
急切的樂觀精神是 結合著自己必勝信念,對立馬解決障礙的渴望。
Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible,and that it is always worth trying, and trying now.
游戲玩家始終相信,不可能取得的勝利也是可能的。
Gamers don't sit around.
游戲玩家不是孤立的。
Gamers are virtuosos at weaving a tight social fabric.
他們很擅長組建嚴密的社會結構。
There's a lot of interesting research that shows that we like people better after we play a game with them,even if they've beaten us badly.
一項有趣的調查顯示,我們更喜歡那些與我們一同玩游戲的人,即便是他們把我打敗了,亦是如此。
And the reason is, it takes a lot of trust to play a game with someone.
原因就是,在游戲過程中我們累積了信任。
We trust that they will spend their time with us,that they will play by the same rules,value the same goal, they'll stay with the game until it's over.
我們之所以信任,就是因為他們和我們花費同樣的時間遵守同樣的規則,擁有著共同的目標,我們將肩并肩作戰(在一起)直至游戲結束。
And so, playing a game together actually builds up bonds and trust and cooperation.
基于此,一同游戲的確可以建立默契、信任和協作。
And we actually build stronger social relationships as a result.
進而,我們會建立一個更強健的社會關系網絡。
Blissful productivity. I love it.
幸福的生產力,我非常喜歡這個。
You know there's a reason why the average World of Warcraft gamer plays for 22 hours a week,kind of a half-time job.
《魔獸世界》的玩家們平均花費一周22小時,就像一個兼職一樣玩游戲是有原因的。
It's because we know, when we're playing a game,that we're actually happier working hard than we are relaxing, or hanging out.
就是因為,當我們玩游戲的時候,相對于休閑或者逛街來說,我們加倍努力的玩游戲會讓我們更開心。
We know that we are optimized, as human beings,to do hard meaningful work.
作為人類來說,我們更喜歡做那些雖然很難但是更有趣的事情。
And gamers are willing to work hard all the time, if they're given the right work.
如果能夠提供一個合適的任務給游戲玩家,他們就會一直不停地努力玩下去。
Finally: epic meaning.
最后,是史詩的含義。