July 17
7月17日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Susie is taking care of a bird. The bird is a parrot.
蘇希正在照顧一只鳥,那是一只鸚鵡。
Abby really likes birds. But she doesn't have one.
雅碧很喜歡鳥兒, 可是她沒有養鳥,
They are a lot of work.
養鳥很費工夫,
When she was a child, she had two rats.
她小時候養過兩只老鼠。
Alex's parents have a small dog.
亞力克斯的爸媽有一只小型狗,
They live in an apartment, so they don't have much room.
他們住在公寓里,所以空間不大。
Alex wants a pet, too. Someday he will get a kitten.
亞力克斯也想要養寵物, 總有一天他會養一只小貓。
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Susie. Do you ...
嗨,蘇希,妳…
there's a bird on your desk!
妳的桌子上有一只鳥!
Yes, she's a parrot. Her name is Sunny.
是啊,這是一只鸚鵡, 她的名字叫桑妮。
I'm taking care of her for a friend.
我幫我朋友照顧它。
Carol let you bring her to the office?
卡蘿讓妳把它帶到辦公室來?
Yes. She was on Rob's show today.
是啊,它今天還上了羅柏的節目。
Can she talk?
它會講話嗎?
Yes, she can. But she won't talk when you want her to!
會, 可是妳要它講話的時候,它就偏不講!
I know some people like that!
我認識一些人也是這樣!
Conversation B
會話B
Hi, Susie, where's Sunny?
嗨,蘇希,桑妮呢?
She's in her cage.
它在籠子里。
I really like birds. I'd love to have a parrot.
我很喜歡鳥。我要是能夠養一只鸚鵡,那就太好了。
Why don't you get one?
妳為什么不去買一只?
I read a lot about them.
我閱讀了很多有關鸚鵡的事情。
They are a lot of work. I don't have that much time.
養鸚鵡很費工夫, 我沒有那么多時間照顧它。
So do you have a different pet?
那你有別的寵物嗎?
No. But I had two rats when I was a child. They were fun!
沒有,可是我小時候養過兩只老鼠, 它們很好玩!
Conversation C
會話C
Do you have any pets, Alex?
亞力克斯,你有養寵物嗎?
No. But my parents have a dog.
沒有,可是我爸媽養了一條狗。
What kind of dog?
什么樣的狗?
It's a small dog.
是一只小型狗,
They live in an apartment. They don't have much room.
他們住在公寓里, 空間不大。
Dogs make good pets, and so do cats.
狗是很好的寵物,貓咪也是。
I like cats. I'd like to get a kitten.
我喜歡貓, 我想養一只小貓。
Now?
現在嗎?
No.I don't have time for one now.
不是,我現在沒有時間養貓,
But someday I'll get one.
可是總有一天我會養的。