Is all this furniture really necessary?
這些裝飾有必要嗎
That painting's four hundred years old.Yes, sir.
這幅畫有四百年的歷史 是 先生
I don't see why you feel the need to pillage Europe of its art.
我不明白 你為什么要去掠奪歐洲的藝術品
I bought a few paintings, Father,not a whole gallery.
我只是買了一些畫作 父親 又不是一整個藝術館
The bank of England have asked me to handle their next bond issue,so I'm assuming you're accompanying me back to London?
英格蘭銀行請我處理他們的下一次債券發行 我希望你能陪我去一趟倫敦
I have plenty of work to do here.
我在這里有很多工作
Just remember where our loyalties lie, Pierpont.
記住我們的忠誠位于何處 皮爾龐特
I'll try not to forget.
我會盡力記住
Let me know how you get on.
告訴我你進展如何
I'll leave you in peace to arrange your paintings.
你安靜地布置你的畫作吧
J.P. Morgan understood the game,and at some point he realized that,as successful as his father had been,he could become even more successful.
J·P·摩根很理解游戲規則 在他和父親一樣成功時 他開始認識到自己可以比父親更成功
Morgan's father always taught him to avoid taking big risks,but J.P.Morgan is tired of doing things his father's way.
父親一直教導摩根避免太冒風險 但J·P·摩根已經厭倦了他父親的那一套做法
He doesn't want to simply buy businesses,he wants to build them from the ground up.
他不想只是購買一些公司 他還想將他們建立起來
He's watched as John Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie have built empires from nothing,and he wants to be next.
他目睹了約翰·洛克菲勒及安德魯·卡內基白手起家建立帝國的過程 他想成為下一個
But to do that, Morgan needs to find an innovation to call his own.
為了實現這個目的 摩根需要找到屬于自己的創新
He sets his sights on one of the world's most famous inventors.
他將目光集中到世界非常著名的一位發明家