Another thing that can be very, very, very successful is
另外一件將會是非常非常成功的事情就是
there is a lot of people that may have retired from working in the software industry, and they can teach your kid.
我們國家有很多很多從軟件行業退休的人,他們可以教孩子
And it doesn't matter if what they teach them is old,
即使他們教的內容是陳舊的
because what you're doing is you're lighting the spark.
重要的是,他們在開啟孩子的心智
You're getting that kid turned on.
他們可以為孩子打開嶄新的世界
And you get him turned on, then he'll learn all the new stuff.
孩子知道世界如此精彩之后,他們就會主動的去學習新的東西
Mentors are just essential.
所以說,導師是至關重要的
I cannot emphasize enough what my science teacher did for me.
這話再強調也不為過,我最值得感謝的就是我的導師
And we've got to mentor them, hire them.
這些孩子也需要這樣的導師,我們需要招募這類人
And if you bring them in for internships in your companies,
假如你的公司招聘一些
the thing about the autism, Asperger-y kind of mind,
有自閉癥的孩子來實習
you've got to give them a specific task. Don't just say, "Design new software."
你要給他們安排具體的工作,不要說,給我做個軟件
You've got to tell them something a lot more specific:
你要把需求的細節說清楚
"Well, we're designing a software for a phone and it has to do some specific thing.
“我們正在設計一款手機軟件,我們需要這些功能
And it can only use so much memory."
并且我們的手機內存只有這么多?!?/div>
That's the kind of specificity you need.
需要這樣的細化
Well, that's the end of my talk.
好,我的演講就到此結束了
And I just want to thank everybody for coming.
感謝大家參與
It was great to be here.
來到這里我感到非常高興
Oh, you've got a question for me? OK.
噢,你有問題嗎?好吧
Thank you so much for that.
非常感謝您的分享
You know, you once wrote, I like this quote,
記得你曾經這么寫過,我非常喜歡這句話
"If by some magic, autism had been eradicated from the face of the Earth,
“假如有一天,自閉癥可以借助神力從地球上消失
then men would still be socializing in front of a wood fire at the entrance to a cave."
人類還是會在洞穴入口處進行篝火聚會?!?/div>
Because who do you think made the first stone spears?
你認為是誰制作了第一件的石矛?
The Asperger guy. And if you were to get rid of all the autism genetics
是一個自閉癥的男人。假如所有的自閉癥基因都消失了
there would be no more Silicon Valley, and the energy crisis would not be solved.
也許就不會有硅谷了,能源危機也不可能獲得解決
So, I want to ask you a couple other questions,
我還想問幾個問題
and if any of these feel inappropriate, it's okay just to say, "Next question."
假如你覺得它們不合適,你可以不回答,你可以直接說“下一個”
But if there is someone here who has an autistic child,
假如這里有人的孩子是有自閉癥的
or knows an autistic child and feels kind of cut off from them,
或者他們認識這樣的孩子,并且感到自己跟孩子有一段鴻溝
what advice would you give them?
你會給他們什么建議?
Well, first of all, you've got to look at age.
首先你得看年齡
If you have a two, three or four year old you know, no speech, no social interaction,
假如是兩到四歲的話并且他們不會講話不會與人打交道
I can't emphasize enough:
那我認為必須每周花20個小時進行一對一的訓練
Don't wait, you need at least 20 hours a week of one-to-one teaching.
這點是決定必要的
You know, the thing is, autism comes in different degrees.
因為自閉癥也是分不同程度的
There's going to be about half the people on the spectrum that are not going to learn to talk,
有一半人他們可能不會說話
and they're not going to be working Silicon Valley, that would not be a reasonable thing for them to do.
他們也許不會到硅谷工作,因為那對于他們而言也不甚合適
But then you get the smart, geeky kids that have a touch of autism,
但是對于那些非常聰明的孩子,他們同時又有自閉癥
and that's where you've got to get them turned on with doing interesting things.
你就必須喚起他們的興趣,讓他們做有趣的事情
I got social interaction through shared interest.
因為我跟別人有共同的興趣,我就可以跟別人有接觸
I rode horses with other kids, I made model rockets with other kids, did electronics lab with other kids,
可以跟別的孩子一起騎馬,跟別的孩子一起制作火箭模型,跟他們一起制作電子實驗室
and in the '60s, it was gluing mirrors onto a rubber membrane on a speaker to make a light show.
在1960年代,那就是在橡膠模上粘上鏡子,放到擴音器上,就開始我們的燈光秀
That was like, we considered that super cool.
我們那時候認為這是非??岬?/p>
重點單詞 | 查看全部解釋 | |||
rubber | ['rʌbə] |
想一想再看 n. 橡膠,橡皮,橡膠制品 |
聯想記憶 | |
smart | [smɑ:t] |
想一想再看 adj. 聰明的,時髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,輕快的,整潔的 |
||
genetics | [dʒi'netiks] |
想一想再看 n. 遺傳學 |
聯想記憶 | |
inappropriate | [.inə'prəupriit] |
想一想再看 adj. 不適當的,不相稱的 |
聯想記憶 | |
interaction | [.intə'rækʃən] |
想一想再看 n. 相互作用,相互影響,互動交流 |
聯想記憶 | |
social | ['səuʃəl] |
想一想再看 adj. 社會的,社交的 |
||
essential | [i'senʃəl] |
想一想再看 n. 要素,要點 |
聯想記憶 | |
specific | [spi'sifik] |
想一想再看 adj. 特殊的,明確的,具有特效的 |
聯想記憶 | |
spark | [spɑ:k] |
想一想再看 n. 火花,朝氣,情人,俗麗的年輕人 |
||
reasonable | ['ri:znəbl] |
想一想再看 adj. 合理的,適度的,通情達理的 |