重點講解:
1.Tempt
~ sb (into sth / into doing sth)
引誘;誘惑:
I was tempted by the dessert menu.
甜食菜單饞得我垂涎欲滴。
Don't tempt thieves by leaving valuables clearly visible.
別把貴重物品放在顯眼處招賊。
I was tempted to take the day off.
我動了心,想那一天休假。
2.root for
翻尋
pigs rooting for food
拱土覓食的豬
'It must be here somewhere,' she said, rooting through the suitcase.
"它一定就在這里的什么地方。"她一邊說一邊翻著衣箱。
Who's been rooting around in my desk?
誰亂翻我的書桌了?
3.distinct (from sth) clearly different or of a different kind
截然不同的;有區別的;不同種類的:
The results of the survey fell into ten distinct groups.
調查結果分為截然不同的兩組。
Jamaican reggae music is quite distinct from North American jazz or blues.
牙買加的雷蓋音樂完全不同于北美的爵士樂或布魯斯音樂。
rural areas, as distinct from major cities
完全不同于大城市的農村地區
4.Soak
浸泡;浸濕;浸透;濕透:
I usually soak the beans overnight.
我通常把豆子泡一夜。
If you soak the tablecloth before you wash it, the stains should come out.
先把桌布浸一浸再洗,污跡就能去掉。
Leave the apricots to soak for 20 minutes.
把杏子浸泡 20 分鐘。
I'm going to go and soak in the bath.
我要去泡個澡。
5. an acquired taste
a thing that you do not like much at first but gradually learn to like
養成的愛好:
Abstract art is an acquired taste.
要慢慢培養才會欣賞抽象藝術。
6.convert (sb) (from sb) (to sth) to change an opinion, a habit, etc.
改變(觀點、習慣等):
I've converted to organic food.
我改吃有機食物了。
I didn't use to like opera but my husband has converted me.
我過去不喜歡歌劇,但我丈夫改變了我。