1、dump
傾倒;傾卸
We dumped our bags at the nearby Grand Hotel and hurried towards the market.
我們把包扔在附近的格蘭德酒店后就匆匆趕往集市
。He got my haversack from the cab and dumped it at my feet.
他把我的背包從出租車上取來丟到我腳下
。丟棄;拋棄;扔掉
The getaway car was dumped near a motorway tunnel.
逃亡用的車被丟棄在高速公路隧道附近
。A million tonnes of untreated sewage is dumped into the sea.
一百萬噸未經處理的污水被傾倒進了海里
。與…斷絕關系;與…結束關系
I thought he was going to dump me for another girl.
我以為他要為了另一個女孩而和我分手
。She was dumped by her long-term lover after five years.
5 年后她被相戀多年的戀人拋棄了
。2、declare
宣稱,聲稱(…為事實);表明(態度、意圖等)
Speaking outside Ten Downing Street, she declared that she would fight on.
她在英國首相官邸外發表講話時宣稱她將繼續斗爭下去
。'I'm absolutely thrilled to have done what I've done,' he declared.
他宣稱道:“我為自己的所作所為感到興奮不已
。”宣布;宣告
The government is ready to declare a permanent ceasefire.
政府準備宣布永久性停火
。His lawyers are confident that the judges will declare Mr Stevens innocent.
史蒂文斯先生的律師們確信法官將宣告他無罪
。申報(納稅品、收入等)
Your income must be declared on this form.
必須在這張表格上申報你的收入
。She had nothing to declare, and was starting to go through the 'Green' channel when she was stopped.
她沒有什么要申報的,便開始進入綠色通道,結果就在這時被攔住了
。