I met a really cute guy at a bar this week. He gave me his number and told me to give him a call sometime.
I thought that was kind of cool, that he gave me control of the situation like that. I can call him, right?
Why don't you take Copperfield's number, roll it in a newspaper, pour milk in it, and make it disappear.
“給我打個電話。”“給我發郵件。”“告訴喬伊我們應該找個時間出去玩兒?!?/div>
Don't let him trick you into asking him out.
別陷入他給你設置的約他出去的陷阱里。
When men want you, they do the work.
如果男人想見你的話,他們會約你出去的。
I know it sounds old school, but when men like women, they ask them out.
我知道這聽起來像老一套,但是如果一個男人喜歡一個女人的話,他會約她出去的。
The "Maybe He Forgot to Remember Me" Excuse
親愛的格雷格,
Okay, Greg. Listen to this one: I was at a conference for work and met a guy from another branch of my company.
好的,格雷格。聽著,:我在一場工作會議上遇到了一個我們公司另一個部門的男人。
We hit it off immediately. He was just about to ask for my number, I swear, when the Big Blackout of 2003 happened.
我們立馬看對眼了。我發誓,他正要問我電話號碼來著,2003大停電發生了。
In the mayhem, I didn't get to give him my number.
在混亂中,我沒能給他我的號碼。
I think the Big Blackout of 2003 is a good enough excuse to call him, don't you think?
我覺得2003年大停電是個給他打電話的好借口,你覺得呢?
It's only common courtesy for me to check up on him, right?
問候他只是一般禮節對么?
If I don't call, he's probably going to be all sad thinking that I'm just not that into him.
如果我不給他打電話的話,他可能會以為我不是那么喜歡他而難過。
Judy
朱迪
Dear Judy Blackout,
親愛的停電朱迪,
The city blacked out. He didn't.
是市里停電了,又不是他昏過去了。
You said you work for different branches of the same company.
你說你們在同一家公司的不同部門工作。
Certainly he wouldn't have to break a sweat to scroll through the company staff roster or interoffice e-mail listing to find you.
很顯然他無需流一滴汗就能在公司員工花名冊或局間的電子郵件清單里找到你。
And should he not be as resourceful as you are...I imagine that he has a mother, sister, or female friend that could show him how, if he was really interested.
即便他不像你一樣資源豐富……我猜想他有一個媽媽,妹妹,或者女性朋友可以告訴他怎么做,如果他真的對你很感興趣的話。
P.S. : Shame on you for using an eastern seaboard disaster as an excuse to call a guy up.
注:用一個東部沿海地區的災害為借口給一個人打電話,我真以你為恥。
Regards Greg
格雷格祝安