日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語演講 > TED十佳演講話題 > 正文

TED十佳演講之生與死:讓我們來談談死亡(2)

來源:可可英語 編輯:max ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練
I was called down to the ward to see him.
我被叫到病房去看他。
His is the little hand.
他的小手可以說是骨瘦如柴。
I was called down to the ward to see him
一名呼吸內科醫生
by a respiratory physician.
將我叫到他的診室。
He said, "Look, there's a guy down here.
他對我說:“那有個病人”
He's got pneumonia,
他得的是肺炎,
and he looks like he needs intensive care.
看樣子他需要入你們的ICU病房。
His daughter's here and she wants everything possible
他的女兒在這,
to be done."
她希望你們能盡一切辦法……
Which is a familiar phrase to us.
這是我們常聽到的一句話。
So I go down to the ward and see Jim,
所以,我去病房去看Jim Smith.
and his skin his translucent like this.
他的皮膚半透明成了這個樣子。
You can see his bones through the skin.
透過他的皮膚,你們以看到他的骨頭。
He's very, very thin,
他可是說是瘦骨嶙峋。
and he is, indeed, very sick with pneumonia,
他的肺炎已是相當嚴重了
and he's too sick to talk to me,
病得連和我們講話的力氣都沒有了
so I talk to his daughter Kathleen, and I say to her,
所以,我問他的女兒Kathleen:
"Did you and Jim ever talk about
"你有沒有和他談過"
what you would want done
你會怎么處理這個事,
if he ended up in this kind of situation?"
如果他到了這種地步?
And she looked at me and said, "No, of course not!"
她看了看我,然后說:”沒有,當然沒有“
I thought, "Okay. Take this steady."
好吧,我當時想,慢慢做她的工作吧。
And I got talking to her, and after a while, she said to me,
我和她談了很久,然后,她對我說:
"You know, we always thought there'd be time."
你知道的,我們也知道,遲早會有那一天的。
Jim was 94.
當時已經94歲了。
And I realized that something wasn't happening here.
這件事讓我覺得,我們可以為這類病人做些事。
There wasn't this dialogue going on
要不是有這件事
that I imagined was happening.
我也想象不到我們會不會去做這件事。
So a group of us started doing survey work,
所以,我們有一個小組開始做一些調查工作,
and we looked at four and a half thousand nursing home
我們走訪了
residents in Newcastle, in the Newcastle area,
Newcastle地區的4500個在養老院生活的老人,
and discovered that only one in a hundred of them
我們發現,他們當中只有1%的人
had a plan about what to do when their hearts stopped beating.
對他們生理死亡后的事有計劃。
One in a hundred.
僅僅1%。
And only one in 500 of them had plan about what to do
只有500分之1的老人
if they became seriously ill.
會對他們病重時有應對計劃。
And I realized, of course, this dialogue
這個對話使我意識到,
is definitely not occurring in the public at large.
我們生活中的很多人肯定也會對我們的身后事沒有計劃的。
Now, I work in acute care.
現在,我在ICU里工作。
This is John Hunter Hospital.
我的醫院叫“John Hunter”醫院。
And I thought, surely, we do better than that.
而過去我一直認為,我們做得比較好。
So a colleague of mine from nursing called Lisa Shaw and I
所以,我和我的同事Lisa Shaw,她來自養老院,
went through hundreds and hundreds of sets of notes
我們一起在醫療檔案室
in the medical records department
翻看了成千上萬本病歷,
looking at whether there was any sign at all
我們想確認是否有
that anybody had had any conversation about
任何人曾經
what might happen to them if the treatment they were
就如果他們的治療失敗
receiving was unsuccessful to the point that they would die.
而導致他們死亡而作出任何安排的談話。
And we didn't find a single record of any preference
可是,我們找不到關于他們的自我選擇,
about goals, treatments or outcomes from any
目標、治療或者最終結果這方面的東西
of the sets of notes initiated by a doctor or by a patient.
醫生記錄或病人自己寫的都沒有。
So we started to realize
我這才意識到
that we had a problem,
我們出了問題,
and the problem is more serious because of this.
而正因為這一點,這個問題變得更嚴重。
What we know is that obviously we are all going to die,
我們大家都知道的是很明顯,我們都會死去,
but how we die is actually really important,
但我們以何種方式死去更重要,
obviously not just to us, but also to how that
很明顯,這不僅對我們重要,
features in the lives of all the people who live on afterwards.
這對那些活著的人也很重要。
How we die lives on in the minds of everybody
其實我們會怎樣死去,
who survives us, and
這在搶救我們的人的心中是心里有數的,
the stress created in families by dying is enormous,
而死亡給一個家庭帶來的壓力是巨大的,
and in fact you get seven times as much stress by dying
事實上,死在ICU所帶來的壓力
in intensive care as by dying just about anywhere else,
是死在其它地方所帶來的壓力的7倍,
so dying in intensive care is not your top option
所以,選擇在ICU結束自己的生活并不是一個明智的決定
if you've got a choice.
如果你有得選擇的話。
重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
unsuccessful [,ʌnsək'sesful]

想一想再看

adj. 失敗的;不成功的

 
enormous [i'nɔ:məs]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,龐大的

聯想記憶
preference ['prefərəns]

想一想再看

n. 偏愛,優先,喜愛物

聯想記憶
option ['ɔpʃən]

想一想再看

n. 選擇權,可選物,優先購買權
v. 給予選

聯想記憶
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 會話,談話

聯想記憶
ward [wɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 守衛,監護,受監護人,病房,行政區
vt

 
acute [ə'kju:t]

想一想再看

adj. 敏銳的,劇烈的

 
survey [sə:'vei]

想一想再看

v. 調查,檢查,測量,勘定,縱覽,環視
n.

 
translucent [træns'lu:sənt]

想一想再看

adj. 半透明的

聯想記憶
physician [fi'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 內科醫生

 
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 苍兰| 陈建斌电影| 汤唯和梁朝伟拍戏原版| 非常完美 电影| 好看的拉片| 璐·德·拉格| 觉醒年代免费看| 4人免费剧本及答案| 成人免费视频在线播放| 日出即景作文| 孙婉| 一元二次方程实际问题| 亚洲免费观看视频| 安微地图| 老阿姨在等你免费播放47集电视剧完整| 邓为个人简历| dakota johnson| 热血番| 伴娘| 拔萝卜视频免费完整版| 女孩阴道| 林佑星| 偷偷藏不住演员表| 《继承者们》| 红色诗歌配画| 内裤之穴| 《隐秘而伟大》电视剧| 黑色罪案电影免费观看| 黑势力| 打开双腿扒开打屁股羞辱惩罚视频| 雀圣 电影| 在那遥远的地方演员表| 电视剧昨夜星辰| sarajay大白臀ryanconner| a day to remember英语作文| 秀人网美女屋| 大胆艺术| 苏西| 范瑞君| 韩国xxxxxxxxxxxx| 爱奴记|