Kelly and Megan always walk to school.
凱麗和梅格恩通常是走路上學。
They meet their friends Susan Garcia, Nick Lee and Bill Goldberg.
她們見到了她們的朋友:蘇珊·加西亞、尼克·李和比爾·戈德伯格。
"I'm so excited about Halloween," says Susan.
“要過萬圣節了,我很興奮,”蘇珊說。
Susan is Hispano-American. She is 13 years old and has long black hair.
蘇珊是西班牙裔美國人。她13歲,有烏黑的長發。
"This is the first time we can have a party without our parents!"
“這是第一次我們的聚會可以沒有父母!”
"We must find a place to have the party," says Nick.
“我們得找一個聚會的地方,”尼克說。
He is 14 years old and he's a good cook.
他14歲,廚藝很棒。
His parents have a Chinese restaurant in Salem.
他的父母在塞勒姆開了一家中餐廳。
"Let's see!" says Bill. "I can ask my grandmother."
“讓我看看!”比爾說?!拔铱梢詥栁业淖婺浮!?/div>
Bill Goldberg is a handsome boy of 14.
比爾·戈德伯格,14歲的帥男孩。
His favorite school subject is science.
他在學校最喜歡的課程是科學。
He lives with his grandmother.
他和他祖母住在一起。
"Susan, do you have a scary costume for Halloween?" asks Kelly.
“蘇珊,你有萬圣節的恐怖服裝嗎?”凱麗問。
"It's a surprise! I can't tell you," says Susan.
“這是個驚喜!我不會告訴你的,”蘇珊說。
"Do you believe in ghosts?" Bill asks. - "Yes!" they all say.
“你們相信鬼嗎?”比爾問。- “是的!”他們齊聲說。
"Oh, I don't!" says Bill. "Science can explain everything." - "Really?" says Nick.
“哦,我不相信!”比爾說?!翱茖W可以解釋所有事?!?-“真的嗎?”尼克問。
"A lot of strange things happen on Halloween night.
“萬圣節晚上會發生很多奇怪的事情。
My grandparents come from China.
我祖母來自中國。
They believe in ghosts and evil spirits too." Bill laughs.
他們也相信鬼和惡魔的靈魂?!北葼栃α恕?/div>
"Do you remember the story of the old woman in the cemetery..."
“你還記得墓地里那個老女人的故事嗎...”
"Oh, Nick, please don't tell us again!" says Bill.
“哦,尼克,不要再跟我們說這個!”比爾說。
Nick smiles mysteriously.
尼克神秘地笑了笑。
It's 8:30 a. m. and the school bell is ringing.
上午8:30,學校的鈴響了。