So can you start by telling us sort of the beginning how you first learnt about the trial?
首先 你能不能給我們講講你一開始是如何知道這個臨床試驗的?
What the process was that you want to understand?
哪些試驗步驟是你希望了解到?
What would be involved?
這中間又涉及到哪些問題?
Hi, everyone
大家好
Well, I didn't really have a chance to really be the first person to learn about the trial
一開始聽說這個試驗的人并不是我
When I was in the ICU
我當時還在重癥監護室
I had had injuries so I didn't really know what was going on
我之前受了傷所以我也不清楚到底是怎么回事
I was very coherent and so my parents first learnt about the trial and I think they had misconception of thing
當時還不清醒 首先聽說這個試驗的是我的父母我覺得他們當時理解錯了
that was actual therapy and that I would have these stem cells injected and I get up and start walking
覺得這是一種治療方法我接受了干細胞注射之后就能站起來走路了
So once I came to
所以當我蘇醒過來時
I said a week later, post-injury the first thing that I was told was that
也就是受傷后兩周之后我聽到的第一件事是
oh, hey, so there's a trial and you're gonna participate in it and you know, they're gonna fix you
有一個臨床試驗你得參加然后他們可以治愈你
So that was the first thing that I heard
所以我一開始聽到的就是這個
Then, as I sort of came out of that drug haze that I was in
后來 我從藥物的麻痹狀態清醒過來之后
I got to speak to Dr. McKenna and the other doctors at my rehab at the Santa Clara Valley
我和圣塔克萊爾谷康復中心的麥克凱納醫生還有其他醫生談過之后才知道
That's when I learnt that it is not... this isn't...this isn't the therapy
我當時才了解到這并不是什么治療方法
This is just a Phase One trial that's aiming at seeing if there is any adverse effect
只是第一階段的臨床試驗目的在于看注射干細胞后是否會產生不良反應
That was all over disappointing since I had first been told that this is the cure but I just sort of had to really wrap my head around it
當時我覺得很失望因為一開始別人告訴我這是一種治療方法結果現在我必須調整心態
and decide whether I wanted to participate in something that wouldn't benefit me
決定是否參加這個項目而這個項目對我沒什么好處