74. Live and Let Live
第74課 自己活也讓別人活
Paul and Wendy are talking about the Amish. (P=Paul; W=Wendy)
保羅和溫迪正在談論有關亞米希人的事。
What do you plan to do in the summer, Wendy?
夏天你打算做什么, 溫迪?
To be frank, I haven't made any plans. What about you?
坦白說, 我還沒做任何打算。你呢?
I'm thinking of going to Indiana.
我想要去印第安納州。
What on earth for?
究竟是為了什么?
To tell the truth, I want to see how the Amish people live.
坦白說, 我想要看看亞米希人是怎么過日子的。
What for? From what I hear, they're boring people.
干嘛?我聽說他們這些人很無聊。
To be honest, I think they're kind of weird.
老實說, 我認為他們有點怪異。
Nonsense! In fact, their simple way of life is quite appealing to me.
亂講!其實他們簡樸的生活方式令我非常向往。
Well, to each their own, I guess.
嗯, 我想是人各有所好吧。
Exactly, I wish more people would just live and let live.
正是, 我希望有更多的人能自己活也讓別人活。