上期中譯英答案:
(一)
XiaoGao: Well, I think I'll save up for a new car. I'm sick of riding my bike everywhere!
小高:嗯,我想我要存錢買輛新車,我都受夠了每天騎車到處走。
Jingjing:I've gotta hand it to you, Xiao Gao, that sounds like a great idea.
京晶:那我可真佩服你!小高,這主意不錯!
XiaoGao:And you? What are your New Year's resolutions?
小高:那你呢?你有什么新年的決心?
(二)
Jingjing:I'm going to be an early bird and start waking up really early.
京晶:我要當一個早起的人,然后開始早起。
XiaoGao: I'll pass on that. I like sleeping in late!
小高:那我就算了吧!我喜歡睡懶覺
Jingjing:Anyways, what are you doing tonight? Shall we go paint the town red?
京晶:內什么,你今晚有何安排?我們出去狂歡吧!
XiaoGao:I'm game!
小高:走一個!
New words for dialogue :
Tell me about it = an expression meaning "I know" I have experienced what you are talking about.自己跟說話人有共同的經歷或者體驗,對說話人表示贊同、附和。可以翻譯成“可不是嘛,誰不說呢”之類的
Have in mind = to think about.想,考慮
Save up = accumulate money.攢錢
Sick of [something] = don't like something because you've done it too many times.厭倦做某事
Hand it to someone = to acknowledge someone's efforts; to give credit to someone.贊揚,佩服某人
Early bird = someone who wakes up early in the morning.早起族
I'll pass on [something] = I'll refuse to do something. 我就算了吧,免了吧
Paint the town red = to have a wild time in the city; to party or dance all night in town. 狂歡
I'm game = I want to do it.
vt. 積聚,累加,堆積
vi. 累積