Hugo:Wow, when you said that you did some woodworking on the weekends, I thought you meant refinishing furniture.
雨果:哇,聽你說周末干了些木工活,我還以為你是再加工些家具。
But this! This is a real workshop and you're actually building furniture.
但瞧瞧這個!這是個真正的車間,而且你真的是正在打家具。
Shawna:Yeah, this is what I'm working on right now.
肖娜:是的,這就是我現在的活兒。
I'm building a dining table and chairs.
我正在打造餐桌和椅子。
Hugo:The grain is beautiful on this piece of hardwood.
雨果:這片硬木上的紋理很美麗。
It certainly looks better than the plywood furniture I have in my house.
看起來比我家的膠合板家具還好。
What is all this?
這都是什么?
Shawna:Just some basic tools:saws, chisels, and drills.
肖娜:就是些基本工具:鋸子、鑿子,還有鉆。
Hugo:And what is all this metal for?
雨果:這金屬是有什么用?
Shawna:I'm adding some grillwork for the back of the chairs.
肖娜:我給椅子后背加上了些格子形圖案。
I don't usually do metalwork, but I'm keeping it simple.
我通常不做金屬制品,但我一直使它簡單低調。
Hugo:This doesn't look simple.
雨果:這看起來可一點不簡單。
These pieces have been welded together, and is that used for soldering?
這些是被焊接在一起,這是用于焊接嗎?
Shawna:You got it.
肖娜:你很懂啊。
When all is said and done, I'll have a new dining room set with a large table and eight chairs.
說到底,我的新餐廳會有張大桌子,還有八把椅子。
Hugo:Wow, I'm impressed.
雨果:哇,真是印象深刻,大開眼界。
Shawna:Want to try your hand at it?
肖娜:想親手嘗試下嗎?
Hugo:No thanks. You see these 10 fingers? I'm rather fond of them.
雨果:不,謝謝。你看到我這10根手指嗎?我還想留著這些心愛玩意呢。