相關專題:
ACT I
Hi, Mom. 嗨, 媽媽。
Hi, Robbie. 嗨,Robbie。
You're home from school early. 你今天從學校回來得很早。
Yeah, they're getting the assembly hall 是啊,他們在布置大禮堂
ready for the graduation ceremony, 為畢業典禮做準備,
so we all got to go home early. 所以我們都非得早回家不可。
Too noisy to study. 太吵了書看不下去。
Well, now that you're here, 嗯,既然你回來了,
you can help me with dinner. 你就來幫我準備晚餐。
I need those potatoes peeled and sliced. 那些馬鈴薯需要剝皮切片。
Mom, give me a break. 媽,讓我喘口氣。
Alexandra's coming over to help me Alexandra就要來幫我
study for my math final. 溫習數學準備期末考試。
Well, in that case, 嗯,既然這樣,
you can wash the dishes and clean up after dinner. 你就在晚餐后洗盤子,收拾桌子。
Can I invite Alexandra to stay for dinner? 我可以請Alexandra留下來吃晚餐嗎?
Of course. 當然可以。
Thanks, Mom. 謝謝,媽。
You and Alexandra 你和Alexandra
have become good friends, haven't you? 成了好朋友,不是嗎?
Yes. I like her. 是的,我喜歡她。
She's a terrific person. 她人很好。
I'm going to miss her 我會想念她
when she goes back to Greece. 當她回去希臘時。
Would you like to give her a little farewell party? 你要不要為她舉行一個餞行派對?
Mom, that would be terrific! 那太棒了,媽!
Maybe we could make it a surprise. 也許我們可以讓它變成一個驚喜。
Oh, I don't know. 噢,這個我就不知道了。
Surprise parties don't always work out. 驚喜派對不是每次都能成功的。
Well, we could tell her 嗯,我們可以告訴她
it's a graduation party for me. 這是為我畢業所辦的派對。
When Alexandra arrives, 等Alexandra到達時,
we'll surprise her. 我們再讓她驚喜一下。
Well, I suppose that might work. 嗯,我想這樣或許可以奏效。
I'd like to give her a nice going-away present. 我很想送給她一件好的離別禮物。
Fine. 好啊。
There's only one problem. 只有一個問題。
What's that? 什么問題?
I'm broke. 我身無分文。
I should have saved some money. 我早該存些錢。
I'm sure Alexandra 我相信Alexandra
would be happy with something simple, Robbie. 會欣然接受簡單的東西, Robbie。
I know. 我知道。
But, well, 但是,嗯,
I'd like to give her something nice 我想給她一件精美的禮物
to remember me by. 讓她看到東西就想到我。
Maybe I could borrow some money from you and Dad. 也許你從你爸爸那兒可以借點錢。
It's all right with me 我沒有問題
if it's all right with your dad. 假如你爸爸答應的話。
Thanks, Mom. 謝謝,媽。
I'll talk to him. 我會去跟他談談。
Is he still in his office? 他還在辦公室嗎?
I think so. 我想是的。
Thanks, Mom. 謝謝,媽。
Robbie! Good luck! Robbie! 祝你好運!
Here are the X-rays you wanted, Dr. Stewart. 這是你要的X光片, Stewart醫師。
Oh. Thank you, Molly. 噢, 謝謝你, Molly。
Now, let me check them. 現在,讓我來看一看。
What do you think? 你看怎么樣?
I don't see any breaks or fractures. 我看不出有任何破裂或骨折。
Well, well. Thank you, Molly. 還好,還好。謝謝你,Molly。
Thank you. 謝謝你。
Come in! 進來!
Hi, Son. 嗨,兒子。
Hi, Dad. Am I interrupting you? 嗨,爸爸。我打攪了你?
No, no, no, no. 不,不,不,不。
What's up? 什么事?
Can we talk? 我們能談談嗎?”
Sure. 當然可以。
I need some help. 我需要幫助。
Well, that's what fathers are for. 嗯,父親們的功用正在于此。
Well, before I go to college, 嗯,在我進大學之前,
I have the whole summer ... 我有一整個暑假可以用……
Yes ... 對呀……
And I'm planning to get a job for the summer. 我想在暑假打工。
And what sort of job? 哪一類的工作?
I applied for a job as a lifeguard at the community pool. 我申請了社區游泳池當救生員工作。
Sounds pretty good. 聽起來不錯。
Yes. I'll be earning pretty good money if I get it. 是的。假如我得到這份工作的話我可以賺不少錢。
But right now, I'm kind of short of cash. 但現在,我手頭很緊。