出國必備的地道英文日常用語

Potluck Party 一種聚餐方式,主人準備場地和餐具,叁加的人必須帶一道菜準備飲料,最好事先問問主人的意思。
Pull over!把車子開到旁邊。
Drop me a line!寫封信給我。
Give me a ring. = Call me!來個電話吧!
For here or to go?食堂或外賣。
cool; Thats cool! 等于國內年輕人常用的囗語“酷!”,表示不賴嘛!用于人或事均可。
Whats up? = Whats happening? = Whatsnew?見面時隨囗問候的話“最近在忙什么?有什么新鮮事嗎?”一般的回答是“Nothing much!” 或“Nothingnew!”
Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少來這一套!同學之間開玩笑的話。
Dont give me a hard time! 別跟我過不去好不好!
Get yourself together! 振作點行不行!
Do you have the time? 現在幾點鐘?可別誤以為人家要約你出去。
Hang in there. = Dont give up. = Keep trying. 再撐一下。
Give me a break ! 你饒了我吧。ㄩ_玩笑的話)
Hang on. 請稍候。
Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。
What a big hassle. 真是個麻煩事。
What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。
Go for it. 加油
You bet. = Of course. 當然;看我的!
Wishful thinking. 一廂情愿的想法。
Dont be so fussy! 別那么挑剔好不好。
Its a long story. 唉!說來話長。
How have you been? = How are you doing? 你過得如何?近來可好?
Take things for granted. 自以為理所當然。
Dont put on airs. 別擺架子。
Wishful thinking.一廂情愿的想法。
Dont be so fussy! 別那么挑剔好不好!
Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!
Have a crush on someone. 迷戀某人。
Whats the catch? 有什么內幕?
Party animal. 開Party狂的人(喜歡叁加舞會的人)。
Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass.討厭的東西、的人或事。
Skeleton in the closet.家丑。
Dont get on my nerve! 別把我惹毛了!
Afat chance. =A poor chance. 機會很小。
Dont put on airs! 別擺架子!
I am racking my brains. 我正在絞盡腦汁。
Shes a real drag. 她真有點礙手礙腳。
Spacingout.=daydreaming. 做白日夢。
I am so fed up. 我受夠了!
It doesnt go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。
Whats the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重點是什么?
By all means.=Definitely. 一定是。
steam 蒸 poach 水煮 boil 煮 toast 烤(面包)grill 烤、的煎roast(duck)烘烤、的紅燒、的(烤鴨) braise 油炸過用溫火燉 pure 煮成濃湯 broil 燒、的烤 season加調味料panbroil 用淺鍋燒烤 seasoning 調味料 fry 炸、的炒 dressing 沙拉醬 bake 烤 gravy肉saute 用溫火慢炒 appetizer 飯前菜、的小菜 stew 燉、的燜、的紅燒 entree 主菜 simmer慢燉、的煨snack 點心、的小點 stir fry 快炒、的大火炒 marinate 腌、的用鹵泡,鹵 smoke 熏
Lets get a bite. = Lets go eat. 去吃點東西吧!
Ill buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = Its on me. =Mytreat.我請客。
Lets go dutch. 各付各的。
My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服。
diarrhea [dai ri ] 拉肚子。
吃牛排時,waitor 會問 How would you like it ?就是問“要幾分熟?”的意思,可以選擇rare,medium 或 well-done。
I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!
May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人請你吃飯,你未能赴約,只好請他改到下一次。)
I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不對勁!
Lets get it straight. 咱們把事情弄清楚!
Whats the rush! 急什么!
Such a fruitcake! 神經!
Ill swing by later. =Ill stop by later. 待會兒,我會來轉一下。
I got the tip straight from the horsesmouth.這個消息是千真萬確的(tip指消息)!
easy as pie = very easy = pie
