出國必用英語日常用語

以選擇 rare,medium 或 well-done。
▲I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!
▲May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人請你吃飯,你未能赴約,只好請他改到下一次。)
▲I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不對勁!
▲Let's get it straight. 咱們把事情弄清楚!
▲What's the rush! 急什么!
▲Such a fruitcake! 神經病!
▲I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later. 待會兒,我會來轉一下。
▲I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 這個消息是千真萬確的(tip指消息)!
▲easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。
▲flunk out 被當掉。
▲take french leave 不告而別。
▲I don't get the picture. =I don't understand. 我不明白。
▲You should give him a piece of your mind. 你應該向他表達你的不滿。
▲hit the road = take off = get on one's way 離開。
▲Now he is in the driver's seat =He is in control now.
▲Keep a low profile (or low key). 采取低姿態。
▲Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。
▲klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白癡、的笨蛋。
▲know one's way around 識途老馬。
▲lion's share 大部份。
▲tailgate 尾隨(尤其跟車跟得太近)。
▲take a back seat. 讓步。
▲take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滾開。
▲hit the hay =go to bed 睡覺。
▲Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 載我一程好嗎?
▲green hand 生手、的沒有經驗的人。
▲moonshine = mountain dew 指私釀的烈酒(威士忌)或走私的酒。胡說八道也可用moonshine。His story is plain moonshine.
▲chill out =calm down =relax(來自黑人英語)
▲rip off =steal;I was ripped off.我被偷了;rip off 也常被用為“剝奪”My right was ripped off. 權利被剝奪(來自黑人英語)。
▲我們稱美國大兵為G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe, 德國兵或德國佬為Fritzor Kraut,稱英國佬為John Bull,日本人為Jap.或Nip,猶太人為Jew都是很不禮貌的稱呼。
▲mess around (with)瞎混;Get to work. Don't mess around.趕快工作,別瞎攪和。
▲snob 勢利眼。
▲sneak in,sneak out 偷偷溜進去,溜出來。sneakers 運動鞋。
▲She is such a brown-noser. 她是個馬屁精。
▲This is in way over my head. 對我而言這實在太難了。
▲I am an exam jitter and I always get a cramp in my stomach. 我是個考試緊張大師,一考試胃就抽筋。
▲Keep your study (work) on track. 請按進度讀書(工作)。
▲Did you come up with any ideas? 有沒有想到什么新的意見?
▲Don't get uptight !Take it easy. 別緊張,慢慢來!
▲Cheese ! It tastes like cardboard. Cheese吃起來味如嚼臘!
▲Get one's feet wet. 與中文里的“涉足”或“下海”,寓意相同,表示初嘗某事。I am going to try dancing for the very first time. Just to get my feet wet.
