職業選擇 Career Choices ACT III

ACT III
Hi, big guy. 嗨,好小子。
That must be Rita Mae. 那一定是Rita Mae。
She sure got here quickly. 她來得真快。
That's a good sign. 這是個好兆頭。
She must like you and your work, Marilyn. 她一定是喜歡你和你的工作,Marilyn。
I think she's just anxious to see Max. 我覺得她只是急著想看看Max。
She loves children. 她喜歡孩子。
Hi, Marilyn. 嗨, Marilyn。
Welcome. 歡迎。
It's so nice of you to come. 你能來真好。
Oh, I just wanted to see your baby, Max. 噢,我只是想看看你的寶貝,Max。
Hello, Rita Mae. 哈, Rita Mae。
I haven't seen you since the hospital. 自從醫院相遇之后再也沒有見到你。
I'm Ellen Stewart, Marilyn's mother-in-law. 我叫Ellen Stewart, Marilyn的婆婆。
We met at the hospital. 我們在醫院見過。
Hello. 哈。
How are you? 好嗎?
I remember. 我記起來啦。
How are you? 好嗎?
Oh, and there is Max! 噢 ,Max在那兒!
Oh! My, how he's grown! 噢 !天啊 ,他長這么大 !
A little present for Max. 給Max的一件小禮物。
Oh, it's beautiful, Rita Mae! 噢,太漂亮了, Rita Mae !
You shouldn't have. 不該這樣破費的。
It's nothing. 沒什么。
It's just a little present for Max. 這僅僅是給Max的一件小禮物。
Can I get you some coffee or tea or a cold drink, Rita Mae? 要咖啡,茶或者冷飲嗎,Rita Mae?
Oh, nothing, thank you. 噢,什么也不要, 謝謝你。
Well, I will leave you two to talk. 嗯,我走開你們談談吧。
Come on, you big guy. 過來, 你這個好小子。
Yes, come on. 是的, 過來。
That's it. 就這樣。
It's nice seeing you. 非常高興見到你。
Let me know if you need anything. 假如你需要什么就通知我。
Thanks, Ellen. 謝謝, Ellen。
Thanks, Ellen. 謝謝, Ellen。
OK, Marilyn. 好了, Marilyn。
You sounded like you've made a decision 你好像已經作了決定
when you called me. 當你打電話給我的時候。
I'm all ears. 我洗耳恭聽。
I have made a decision, Rita Mae. 我已經做了決定,Rita Mae。
I've decided to stay at home and be a full-time mother. 我決定留在家里做一個專職母親。
I'm disappointed, but I respect your decision. 我很失望, 但我尊重你的決定。
If I had a child as cute as Max, 假如我有一個像Max這樣可愛的孩子,
I might do the same thing. 我也可能會做同樣的決定。
But I haven't finished telling you 但我還沒有對你說完
the other half of my decision. 我這個決定的另一半。
The other half? 另一半?
Yes. 是的。
I think I can stay at home 我覺得我可以呆在家里
and take care of Max and continue my career. 一面照顧孩子, 同時繼續我的事業。
Sounds interesting. 聽起來很有趣。
Let me hear it. 說給我聽聽。
Do you remember 你記得
our talks about custom-designed dresses for the boutique? 我們曾經談過為時裝店設計訂制的服裝?
I sure do. 我當然記得。
Why can't I design dresses for you here at home? 為什么我不能在家里為你設計服裝呢?
And make them here. 在這兒縫制。
Have the fittings here, too. 也在這兒試穿。
And I could do the selling and the pricing at the boutique. 而我在時裝店負責銷售和標價。
Exactly. 就是這樣。
Oh! 噢!
What kind of dresses would you design? 打算設計哪種服裝?
I've thought about that for some time. 我已經想過一陣子了。
Yes? 真的?
Wedding dresses. 結婚禮服。
Brilliant idea! 這個主意真棒!
There's a big market today in wedding dresses. 結婚禮服在目前有很大的市場。
That's what I thought. 我也是這樣想的。
I like the idea very much. 我很喜歡這個主意。
And if it's successful, 假如成功的話,
we can expand to all kinds of dresses. 我們可以擴展到所有種類的服裝。
That's what I thought. 我也正這樣想。
As a matter of fact, 事實上,
I have a customer for your first wedding dress. 我已經有了你的第一套結婚禮服的顧客。
My niece is getting married, 我侄女即將結婚,
and I've been trying to find just the right thing for her. 而我一直在為她找件合適的東西。
Marilyn, you're going to design my niece's dress. Marilyn,現在就靠你設計我侄女的結婚禮服。
That'll be our first one, 這
