A Big Fish in a Little Pond ACT II

ACT II
Hello. Hello there. Are you ready for lunch with your grandpa? 哈。哈。準備好跟你的祖父一起吃午飯?
Oh! Hi, Grandpa. Yes, of course, I am, but my mind isn't. 噢!嗨,爺爺。是的,當然,我準備好了,但是有點心煩。
What's the matter, Susan? 怎么了,Susan?
A real dilemma. 一個大傷腦筋的事。
Does it have anything to do with you and Harry? 是關于你和Harry的事嗎?
Yes, but I don't know where to start. 是的,但我不知道從何說起。
Maybe I can help. Tell me what it is, Susan.,也許我能幫忙。說給我聽聽,Susan。
Thanks, Grandpa. Please sit down. 謝謝你,爺爺。請坐。
Oh! Harry has been offered a job in Los Angeles. 噢,有人聘請Harry到Los Angeles工作。
Well, this is something to think about. 噢,這種事確實需要想一想。
There are so many things to consider. There's Michelle. 要考慮的事太多了。首先是Michelle。
I wonder if a move would be a bad thing for her. And my job. 我不知道搬家對她來說是否是件壞事。還有我的工作。
I don't know if I can get a good job in Los Angeles. 我不知道我能否在Los Angeles找到好工作。
And what about our family? 另外就是我們家的人怎么辦?
Can I tell you what I think? 讓我來告訴你我的想法好嗎?
Tell me. 告訴我吧。
I think that you're very successful 我認為你事業有成
and that you have a fantastic reputation in the toy industry. 而且在玩具界有很好的聲譽。
I think you could talk to Mr. Marchetta, 我想你可以跟Marchetta先生談談,
and I think 我覺得
he could help you find a real good job in Los Angeles. 他能夠幫你在Los Angeles找個很好的工作。
He was very helpful to me, remember? 他幫過我大忙,你記得?
I suppose I could call him. 我想我可以打個電話給他。
But I'm not so sure that I want to leave New York, 但我不能確定我真想離開紐約,
you, and the rest of our family. 你,和我們家的其他人。
Well, I'm not going to kid you, Susan. 噢,我可不想哄你,Susan。
You know we'd all miss you. 你知道我們都會思念你。
But this should be your decision. 但這必須由你做決定。
It's something that only you and Harry can work out. 這件事只有你和Harry才能定奪。
If moving to L.A. is in Harry's best interest, 假如搬到L.A.對Harry最有利的話,
I have to do what I can do to support him. 我就應該盡我的力量來支持他。
In every marriage, 在婚姻中,
sacrifices have to be made by one partner from time to time. 總要有一方必須不時做些調整。
And what about Michelle? 那Michelle怎么辦?
Well, what do you think? 嗯,你覺得怎樣?
I think Michelle is better off staying where she is. 我覺得Michelle呆在原地比較好。
What does she think? 她怎么想呢?
I don't know for sure. 我不太清楚。
Well, you'll have to ask her. 噢,應當問問她。
I think I'm going to have a talk with Mr. Marchetta 我想我要跟Marchetta先生談談
and get his feelings about my leaving. 征求他關于我離開的意見。
And about helping me find a job in Los Angeles. 請他幫我在Los Angeles找一份工作。
Good idea. 好主意。
I'll call him right now. No point in delaying. 我現在就打給他。沒有道理拖拉。
Thanks, Grandpa. 謝謝你,爺爺。
Harry, it's the perfect job for you. You'll love it. Harry,那是最適合你的工作。你會喜歡的。
It's a big decision for me, Bill. 這對我來說是個大決定,Bill。
And I have to discuss it with my wife. 我必須跟我的太太討論。
I don't know if it's right for her. 我不知道這事對她是否恰當。
She'll love it. It's a once-in-a-lifetime offer, Harry. 她也會喜歡的。這是個千載難逢的機會, Harry。
OK. Tell it to me again. 好吧。再說給我聽聽。
The company is Craft and Craft, 這家公司叫Craft and Craft ,
the biggest accounting company in the country. 是全國最大的會計公司。
I know the company well. It's big. 這家公司我很清楚。是大公司。
The biggest. 最大的。
Yeah, yeah. The biggest. When do I have to let you know? 是的,是的。最大的。我什么時候該給你回音?
Talk it over. Think it over. Let me know by the end of the week. 好好地談一談。好好地想一想。這個周末以前讓我知道你的決定。
When would we have to move?
